This Mushroom Toast is super delicious and filling. A perfect meatless breakfast or brunch idea!
* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, more as needed
* 125g thinly sliced button/portobello mushrooms
* 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
* 2 small garlic cloves, minced
* 1 tablespoon sliced onions
* Salt and pepper
* ¼ cup crème fraîche (light cooking cream)
* 2 slices whole or multi-grained bread
1. Heat a wide skillet over high heat and add butter, swirling pan. When butter begins to sizzle, add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes.
2. Add onions and garlic, and stir to coat.
3. Season well with salt and pepper and continue to sauté for a minute more.
4. Add crème fraîche and let mixture simmer 2 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, toast bread slices until golden. Lightly butter them and place on individual warm plates.
6. Spoon mushrooms and juices over toast bread.
Top with chopped parsley.