Try this Indian street food and watch it become a staple in your home. Recipe from Ministry Of Curry.
- 1 pound chicken thighs skinless and boneless, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 green chili sliced
- ½ cup white scallions chopped
- 1 cup red onion cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup red pepper cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup green pepper cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup green scallions chopped
Pat dry the chicken well with paper towels.
In a medium bowl mix together Kashmiri red chili powder, salt, black pepper, ginger paste, garlic paste, vinegar, water, cornstarch, and all-purpose flour. Add chicken pieces and coat well. Allow the chicken to marinate for 10-minutes as you prep the veggies.
Preheat the air fryer for 5 mins at 400 F. Lightly spray the bottom of the air fryer basket with oil. Line half of the chicken in the basket. Do not overcrowd them so you can get crispy chicken. Lightly spray oil over the chicken. Cook at 380 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes shaking the basket halfway through. Take the air-fried chicken out and reserve. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add white scallions, ginger, garlic, green chili, and saute for 1 to 2 minutes as the garlic starts to turn light golden and aromatic.
Then add the onions and peppers and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir together soy sauce, chili garlic paste, sugar, and water. Add it to the pan and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
Add the cornstarch slurry and cook until the liquids start to thicken. Turn the heat down. Toss the air-fried chicken in the pan when you are ready to serve. Cook until everything is heated through without overcooking the onions and peppers. Garnish with scallions.